There are many factors that are important to a successful search marketing campaign. For search marketing to be successful, it is recommended the strategy being used is evangelized. When I work with search marketing, there are always options of training internal resources to do work needed and then using external resources to do the heavier lifting and the more specialised work.
Some of the components of a search marketing campaign would be:
- Technical audits of the website.
- Migration planning
- Keyword and market research
- Content strategies and execution
- Outreach and Digital PR strategies
- Conversion rate improvements
- Reporting and Analysis
- Social media integration